Eligibility for Admission
A student who has passed 10+2 examination or an equivalent course can get admission in the I st Semester of ‘Three Year Degree Course of B.A., B.Com. spread in a total of six semesters’ if he/she fulfils the eligibility conditions, as given below:
1. Applicant must not be more than 23 years of age as on 01.07.2015 (25 years for girls). However, in case of overage applicant, the Vice – Chancellor may allow a concession upto 6 months. In case of scheduled cast/scheduled tribe candidate, a concession of 3 years is allowed as per rules.
2. The minimum percentage for admission in various classes is as under:
B.A.-I st semester: 33% (however, admission will be made on merit basis for each Major subject)
B.Com.-I st semester: 45% (however it is 40% for those who have passed 10+2 from Commerce stream and for girls candidate it is 33%).
3. A candidate seeking admission to B.Com.-I st semester must have studied Commerce/Mathematics/Economics as compulsory subjects at 10+2 level.
4. A candidate who have not appeared / passed English as subject at 10+2 level shall not be eligible for admission to B.A.-I st semester.
5. A candidate having passed 10+2 examination in four subjects (including English as one of the compulsory subjects) from any Indian University / board recognised by law can seek admission.
6. Admission is open to an applicant who has any degree from a foreign university (recognised by AIU or the H.P. University Shimla).
7. If a candidate is placed under compartment in 10+2 or in an equivalent examination, he/she will not be allowed to take admission.
8. A student who has passed 10+2 from vocational stream or computers will be given admission in B.A.-I st semester only.
9. A student with result R.L. / R.L. (U.M.C.) / C.S. will not be given admission in the college.
10. Limited numbers of students (60) will be admitted in each major course.
11. Roster system will be followed for admission in I st semester of B.A/B.Com.
12. First merit list of candidates along with waiting list (those who have applied for admission in a particular major subject) will be displayed on the college notice board and he/she has to deposit admission fee within a particular date & time (which will be mentioned on the notice board).
13. If a candidate fails to deposit admission fee within a particular date & time, he/she will not be considered as admitted in his/her opted major subject. Also his/her candidature for preparation of second merit list (if any vacancy exists shall stand cancelled) and candidate in waiting list will be considered for admission on the fulfillment of above condition.